Welcome toKomoka-KilworthAnimal Clinic
Dr. Paul Francis and Staff would like to welcome you to our veterinarypractice in Komoka
Our Animal Clinic in Komoka is pleasedto offer a wide variety of Veterinary Services
Ticks and Mosquitoes- Are They Secretly Infecting Your Dog?
Believe it or not, spring is just around the corner. While the warm weather is welcomed by most, it is closely followed by the arrival of unwanted mosquitoes and ticks.
These are all great reminder questions to ask yourself about the care and well being of your pet during the tick, flea and heart worm season.
• Did your pet visit a heartworm area outside Canada before June or after November? Additional pills may have been needed.
• Did you miss giving a pill or did your pet spit out the medication? If all six pills were not absorbed, the risk of heartworm infection increases.
• Did you give the last pill in November? Heartworm preventives need to be given from one month after mosquitoes are out until one month after mosquito season ends.
• Did you have a large breed puppy on preventive? The medication dose is dependent on weight: if your puppy grew bigger than the weight range of the tablets, the pup may have been at a higher risk.
• Does your pet walk in wooded or grassy areas? Have you ever seen a tick on you or your pet?
We look forward to helping get you and your pets prepared this season! Looking forward to seeing you and your pets soon!